About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Blog Archive

Friday, September 15, 2006

On My SOAPBOX...

It has come to my attention that my favorite Blogger is considering retiring. I am trying to make an all-out effort to stop this. It feels to me just like when your favorite television show is cancelled.
So, now I am starting a letter-writing campaign.
Those of you who read my blog, and love SOAPBOX MOMS blog, please write her and tell her how important she is to all of us in the Autism community.
I would never have started a blog without her. She is my inspiration to be the best Mother I can be. I need her and her blog.
Soapbox Mom, If you are reading this please consider the following:
1. We need positive role models in the autism community-you are #1.
2. We need parent's of autistic children to know there is a safe place to fall when they realize the biomedical bullshit does not work.
3. We need a place to go and be able to show our views.
4. We need to know that a mother of 5 can remain sane (okay, appear sane), even with autism in the home.
5. We need to show others that autism is so much more than a label, it is the love of a mother like yourself, who adores all of her children and lets us share that love in your writings....

I rest my case.

Love, Jeanette

3 comments:

Random Mom said...

Hi Jeanette-
I appreciate all of your kind words and thoughts, along with your vigorous pep-talks.
I understand what you are saying, and I am considering a return to blogging in the not-too-distant future. You never know...
I just need some time to think, you know?
I've been informed of another forum linked to the sashasrecovery.com Web site where a user posting as "Give a Mouse a Xanax" has posted a link to my blog, along with some rather unsavory comments about yours truly. To me, this is indeed the sincerest form of flattery.
To the user who is posting as an autistic child's father (and we know who he is *hint--he lives in the land Down Under) I would like to ask:
What exactly makes me a "back stabbing bitch?" I never realized we were such good pals in the first place. And they say I am bitter? Wow.

Mom26children said...

Soapbox Mom,
If not for anyone else, and yes I am being selfish, blog just for me.....It will be appreciated.

Mom26children said...

OH, and I did read the forum with Give A Mouse A Xanax. I would love to reply to dgdavis about her comments about me:
She hoped that she had brought me a little sanity...I think she needs to find some herself, before she helps me.
She states I am a person who has no regard for the truth and doesn't mind being a fool...I have been called alot of things, never, ever a FOOL.
We are in deluted little worlds and they feel sorry for our kids....If that is not calling the kettle black.

If dgdavis wanted to contact me and talk about this without name-calling, I would be honored. I am a nice person, lots of friends. I am a devoted mother, as I am sure she is. I just will not tolerate bullying behavior....
Ball is in her court.