About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm Not A Doctor, but.....

I am not a doctor, but I play one in an autism forum and/or chat room.
Go to any autism forum or chat room and you will find parent's asking other parent's for doses of biomedical treatments, chelation supplements, vitamins, minerals, B12 shots, etc.
What surprises me even more is the fact that people actually think they are asking "experts" in this area. Just because you treated your child biomedically, does not give you the right to tell another mother or father how to treat their children.
I know, I know...biomedical parent's feel they are "helping, curing, recovering, healing, and so on an so on" their children.
I witnessed, first hand, the wonderful effects ABA has on a severely autistic child. This child has been with an ABA therapist for 2 years. He pushes, shoves, hits, strips naked, screams, etc. He is redirected by being told to sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up, several times.
That did a world of good.
Soon after, he went over and punched my severely autistic little boy (who by the way, is not violent or prone to temper tantrums in any way) in the nose.
All of our autistic children are very well behaved out in public. They do not need to wear tee shirts to further exploit them by telling everyone they are autistic.
And more amazing...they are not chelated, treated biomedically, given a GFCF diet, redirected with ABA, or any thing else.

My children's typical day is as follows:
They are awoken in the morning.
They go to the restroom and brush their teeth.
They come downstairs for pancakes, waffles, biscuits, eggs, bacon or sausage (just for examples).
They get dressed.
They head out the door for school.

After school:
They do their homework.
They play outside with their friends.
They come in and eat dinner (roast, steak, chicken, potatoes, rice, greens (again, just for examples).

At bedtime:
They take a shower.
They dress themselves for bed.
They read a book.
We say our prays.
They close their eyes and they
Go to sleep.

I feel no need to fill a needle up in the middle of the night to sneak a shot in any of my children.

Autism fills our house. It fills our house with unconditional love and happiness...I guess because we don't feel the need to be unexcepting of who our children are...

But then again, I am not a doctor......

No comments: