About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

To My Sisters and Brothers...

I have been given permission, by one 8 year old family member, to post this poem she wrote for me to put on my blog.....

When I get home every day
I think about things.
I particularly think
About why my sisters and my brothers
Have Autism
And Aspergers as well.
That they can fit into this world,
And have friends like me
who does not judge them.

Why I am the only one who doesn't have it?

I still think that is Fine.....

Meaghan-To my Brothers and Sisters

You see, this is a child who is compassionate to all of the children around her that no one else takes the time or energy to accept. This is a child who has learned, from living in our family, that different is Fine.
This is a little 8-year-old girl who wants to take what she has learned and talk to others about it. I told her we could do that.
To let other siblings of autistic children know that it is okay to have autism and still belong to a family.
Meaghan still has her own activities, as they all do.
She has Girl Scouts, dance class, Sunday School, sleepovers, birthday parties, etc.
She is popular and well-liked by all: Friends, parent's, teacher's, etc.
We are so proud to have raised such a caring, smart, and loving child.
I hope we have done her proud...

I know she has made us much more than that....

No comments: