About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Blog Archive

Monday, October 23, 2006

If Only....

I read many autism parent's forums. It is my right as the parent of many autistics.
The majority of parent's on these forums want reassurance that they themselves are doing the right thing. They want to be patted on the back for having bad thoughts about their children or even never wanting the children to begin with.
If only I had never had children I would be on a cruise ship with a hunk name Jacque....sorry, my fantasy....
My point being this...even people I meet with "normal" children want to get away. They do not like the responsiblities given when it comes to having children. It just so happens that our jobs are a wee bit harder because are children are autistic.
SO there in lies the guilt....

Guess what????
No one likes all the responsiblity. Your so-called friends, the ones with normal kids, they want to get away also.
So next time you get into you "Calgon take me away bath" (as if), just close your eyes and think of Jacque...
Damn, that was me again.....Sorry

No comments: