About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Now For The Truth.....

I just read the new blog written by the un-named, very angry father of an autistic son. In this new blog, written today, this father has written a very long "speech" about how no child with severe autism can grow up and do "normal" things or in fact "be safe"...
I need to set the record straight on my blog. I promise not to make it as long as his blog. It gets redundant.
Our oldest, Caitlin, is 15 years old. When she was 2 1/2 she screamed, rocked, jumped, flapped, and buzzed. She smeared feces, shampoo, hand cream, toothpaste, etc all over the house. She was non-verbal and very hyperactive.
Today, Caitlin is fully inclusioned in regular 9th grade with a full-time attendant. She no longer smears anything. She does like to draw and is quite a wonderful artist...I will share this on another date...
Caitlin started speaking between 8 and 9 years of age. She has been potty trained since the age of a 6 years old. She has NEVER had an accident in her pants or in the bed. Caitlin also can hold a conversation, answer questions, and let her needs be met. She can wait outside for the bus without me worrying about her running into the street. She knows not to get into the car of someone she does not know.
And guess what????

ALL of this was done WITHOUT chelation....not one drop of ointment on her body...not one IV in her vein....not one suppository up her butt.

Caitlin is going to be capable of living on her own by the time she is 21, if I will allow her to go. I really would love to keep her around. I enjoy my daughter and all she has to offer us. She is funny, quirky, moody and loveable...you know, your typical 15 year old...but, with SEVERE AUTISM....

2 of our other children have come out of severe autism and now have the diagnosis PDD-NOS. They did this WITHOUT chelation.

Our youngest still is very much autistic, BUT I have no doubt he too will become as wonderful as our other children.. There is no reason for me not to feel this way, because I look at proof in our home every day that he will excel in life...

WITHOUT CHELATION...

No comments: