About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Karma....

I really do believe in Karma. I believe if you treat others well. I have seen too many incidences of people being negative toward others and "bad" things happen to them. I know, You can know call me "Earl"...I will not take any offense.
Now, back to my post.
I volunteer at school every day that I am able. This week I have been home with a sick 9 year old, so not a stich of volunteer work was done. I do feel just a wee bit guilty. But, my children always come first.
I do not get into the gossip at school, and believe me, there is alot of gossip. Who is pregnant? Who is fat? Who is divorcing? Who is having an affair? Who gives a crap????? Not me....
I stay in my little "volunteer" mode and carry on.
I am the center of alot of this gossip, I hear. That is okay....some people are really bored.
One of my friends gets really annoyed when they talk about me. She gets very defensive and lets me know she will defend me. I reassure her that whatever they say is not of any importance. These people have such little lives, they need to include me....they must really be bored.
It is really hard for people to watch a mother of 6 get things done. They have a hard enough time with 1 or 2 children. They cannot function without their Wellbutrin or whatever antidepressant they take..there are so many.
I have been asked so many times what I am on....I can honestly say, NOTHING. I do not feel the need to medicate. I can honestly say I have never been so depressed that I cannot find a way out of it. I am sorry for those who cannot. That must be horrible.
I relate to others with large families, because our stories are very similar. We raise many people to grow up to be honest, hard-working, stable, funny, quirky, assets to our society. We allow these people to be who they need to be in order to get through life. I think we all have done a Hell of a good job.....Soapbox Mom....I am talking to you.
I hope we have taught them to treat people as they would like to be treated. I hope we have taught them not to hold their hands out to get help, but to try their hardest on their own...it can be done.
I think other people focus too much time on how others are doing than realizing what they have is pretty damn good. Instead of looking in my window, open your eyes and look at your own lives. What you will find might amaze you....

No comments: