About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Pissing People Off.....

Just ask my husband...I have a real problem of pissing people off. I don't mean to, but there goes my mouth, opened wide, and telling them what I think.
I just don't have time to beat around the bush...
So...here it goes...I am about to piss alot of people off....

I am so tired of reading how we parent's of autistic children who have decided to "accept" our children are demeaned by Biomedical FANATICS. And yes, you are fanatics. You idolize your doctors, for example, Dr. Andrew Wakefield, Dr. Buttar, Dr. Krigsman, Dr. McCandless, Dr. Jepson, etc, etc, etc....
You brag about all of the interventions you inject, ingest and insist your children take. You talk about how much money you spend and how far you have to travel. You boast about the fact that your child regresses when the metals are extracted (whatever!!!) from their bodies. You tell everyone who will listen how you cannot tell any difference now, but are sure it will be worth it in the long run.....
These people are put on such high pedestals, there noses are constantly bleeding.
And forget about ABA, HBOT, Chelation, B12 shots, yadda, yadda, yadda....
Do you have any clue how much time we get to spend with our children as human beings and not as guinea pigs for medical science...or for some doctor to get fame or notoriety to "cure" autism? Do you know how wonderful our children are thriving in our communities and in our schools and not having one chemical injested in them? Do you realize how happy our marriages are because we do not fight about the cost of these interventions and where the Hell we are going to get the money to pay for them?
Do you really think you love your children any more because you want to "cure" them, or because you spend endless amounts of time and energy to change their behaviors?
The time, energy and money you put into the doctors and therapists pockets is wasted. You will see no more improvement in your children than we have seen in ours in the last 12 years.
Instead of putting tee shirts on your children that read "I am not bad, I have autism" they should read" I am not bad, I have been injected with enough chemicals to alter my behavior"....
I have a bridge in NYC that I would like to show you????
Interested????

I told you, I am good at pissing people off.....

1 comment:

Mom26children said...

Lillian,
I think you have me pegged...not sure I like that.
I am exactly as you stated.
I would love to give every parent of an autistic child a great big hug and tell them it is okay.
When our first child was diagnosed, we went down every avenue. I am thankful there was not the interventions there are now, or I might have done them ( out of stupidity ).
I do not believe in ABA for our children. That does not mean I do not think you should use it for your child.
I thank you for your wording. And I hope you know what I mean by that.
Recently I was called a bad parent because I do not do interventions...anyone WHO KNOWS ME knows that is so far from the truth.
Thanks again and I love that you commented...