About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

JUST ONE...TRUSERA...

This past September, I was flown up to Seattle, WA...my first time there.
I was sent there to be filmed for a video shoot for the health blog site TRUSERA.
Trusera is an amazing site everyone.
My video was released today...here is the link...

http://www.trusera.com/health/stories/mom26children/o-donnell-after-extreme-makeover-autism-and-5-kids

I hope you like it. I am very proud to be on the Trusera blog site.
The message of JUST ONE is that it takes Just One story to have
people relate to it. The philosophy of Trusera.com is very positive.
I hope you find it the same.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

As you are very well aware, the prevalence of children being diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder is increasing at an alarming rate. We would appreciate your assistance in helping us try to identify if the use of epidural analgesia/anesthesia and Pitocin during childbirth have any association with the development of autism.

If you are willing to participate in a survey questionnaire, please email Elaine DeLack, RN at elaine@edmsllc.com and the questionnaire will be emailed to you for your completion.

Thank you in advance for your participation in this research.

Clara said...

I just happened upon your blog when seaching under the words "severe autism". Your blog is a breath of fresh air to someone who has tried to be supermom to my severely affected child. He had so much therapy his first 6 years that I never got to be his mother. I am learning now how to do that. He just turned 8. Hard to know what to "let go" and how to just be "Mom" to him as i so naturally do with my other 3 children.
Clara

Dadof6Autistickids said...

We need more voices to get the word out about Autism. Thanks for all of your efforts!