About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

AND ALONG CAME A SPIDER.....


And Along Came A Spider....

Who Sat Down Beside Her....

And Frightened Miss Muffet Away....


BOO

These are the first lines in the play my son was

in called "Making Lemonade"....

The premise of this wonderful 2nd grade play was the many characters of Mother Goose who were mistreated or treated people badly got together and made lemonade out of lemons. They all gathered together and drank the lemonade and became friends.

Hence, the second lines of my amazing son...

It Certainly Changed My Bad Attitude

A couple of songs later, Patrick said his last lines...

And Along Came A Spider....

Who Sat Down Beside Her...

And Made A New FRIEND Today...

A lovely message, don't you think, to teach ALL children and ALL adults about getting along in this world. If we could all just sit, for one moment, and enjoy all of the wonderful qualities our children have, instead of focusing on all of the negatives.

This little boy, who is now 8 years old, has made his own lemonade out of lemons. He was diagnosed with Autism at 18 months. He was non-verbal until the age of 4 years old. He has worked hard on his Socialization skills and his Speech and Sensory issues. He is now fully inclusioned in regular ed classes without an aide....but, he is still Autistic and Amazing.

Now, off I go to make my LEMONADE...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww--What a cute spider!
I love the message of the play.
And I love lemonade, too.
:D

Bonnie said...

Too cute, your boy is awesome! What a great experience for him!

mommy~dearest said...

Beautiful post. What a cute spider too!

Anonymous said...

He is the best spidah evah! Patrick is the type of little guy I love more and more every day. Plus, I don't need a Blackberry- I've got him!
oodles of love,
Mary Hutka