About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

POP POP....

Yes, Pop Pop, that is the first word my non-verbal little Kiernan will have said....the most beautiful two words I have ever heard.
I said, Pop Pop????? Kiernan repeated "Pop pop....".
He then lead me to the pantry.
I unlocked the door and he reached in for Popcorn....of course!!!

I couldn't be more pleased if he had recited the Declaration of Independence....

He may never say it again, he may say it forever....I do not care...
For today I got POP POP.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the thrill of that first word spoken. Keep doing what you are doing. Your children are blessed to have such caring parents that can celebrate "POP POP". Sometimes the price of progression is simply patience, love, and understanding. Life isn't always about the big miracles. Sometimes we are so focused on the giant things that we can't celebrate the small things. How much we miss by always focusing on the greatness of the obstacle instead of the small steps made in overcoming the obstacle. I join in your joy today. "POP POP" What a lovely and smile provoking phrase.

Anonymous said...

'Pop' is a great word!
He knew what he wanted, and asked for it, that's lovely!