About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

EMPATHY AND AUTISM...

I went to help Caitlin after her bath tonight....
I have a strained voice from my cold so I am not speaking in my normal
voice...

Caitlin said, "You're voice is sick !!"
I said, "Just a cold Caitlin, but Thanks"..
Caitlin said, "I will share my cough drops with you"...!!!


To the studies that state there is no Empathy with AUTISM...

YOU have not met MY children....!!!!

I know Short but Sweet...!!!
BUT...worth telling !!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Being an Autie Mom myself, I completely agree with you. My daughter is 7yrs old and one of the most empathic and empathetic people I've ever known. They just don't give into pity parties and false emotion. I know my daughter sees through that like glass.

dluvscoke said...

I love this post. I have a son with Autism and a Daughter named Katelyn (she wishes her name was spelled the way your daughters is). I am wondering how you can possibaly have time to blog?!!
Please visit my blog. We probably have a lot in common.

Molly said...

my campers are SO empathetic.

My favorite empathetic moment was my first summer at my sn summer camp. I had a terrible migraine and was sitting inside with one camper. I said "tommy, can you please sit for a minute, my head really hurts"

He got up, ran over to me, said "I love your face!" and kissed me on the arm.

I felt better instantly. I adore him.

BlogFront said...

Hi Mom,

BlogFront.org is committed to uphold the quality standards of blogging. We strive to maintain and promote only the most credible blogs in their respective fields.

Spam blogs or "splogs" has been a problem for some time now and people are getting confused about which blog to trust.

We would like to thank you for maintaining such a reputable blog. We know that it takes time, effort and commitment to keep such a blog and as such, we have added your blog as one of the top Autism Blogs.

You can see your blog listed here: http://blogfront.org/autism/4

You can also claim your BlogFront Top Blogs badge at http://blogfront.org/badges/autism

Thank you for keeping your blog credible. Let's keep the blog revolution alive!

Maria Blanchard
BlogFront.org
Blog Revolucion

Unknown said...

Fantastic article and great reading.

Thankyou

http://www.asdinchildren.co.uk