About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Monday, September 07, 2009

PUUURRRR-FECT


Yes, even I get the occasional virus...it happens.
Last Wednesday, I started to feel badly. By Friday...YIKES !!!
Full-blown virus. Sore throat, achy body, tiredness....
And NO !!! It is not the Swine Flu ....

So, here is my story...
I was laying on the couch, only to get up to fix the
occasional meal, or take out the occasional laundry and
fold it...other than that, I did not do much "labor" this
Labor Day weekend.
As I was lying on my couch, which is so comfortable that you can
crash there without wanting to, I had an occasional visitor.
It was Kiernan...my 8 year old, non-verbal son....
He crawled up on me...said, "Ma"...gave me a huge kiss and hug
and then, without prompting...purred...
Yep, purred like a little kitten.
Kiernan has purred since birth.
In fact, he reminds me of my cat Junior, my Siamese cat that I had
in my life for over 25 years.
Since Kiernan was a baby, if you rubbed his head, the boy will give you
a full-fledged purr.....it is soothing and gentle.
So, in my sickest state this weekend...I was soothed...
not by the words of the most amazing young man in the world,
but by the purring of a gentle soul who knew his "ma" needed a bit
of purring just to feel a little bit better.
Thanks Kiki.....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! Purring! How cute!

I tend to make cat noises when angry for some reason...
Or when happy too.

Kim Wombles said...

I don't know what's with the spam comment first, but I love your post. And I love the purring.

Sorry you were ill. :-( But so glad you were well loved.

kathleen said...

I hope you are feeling better now..the purring sounds lovely..I can't think of a nicer way to be soothed..

Ilovemy autie son said...

I admire you. I have recently discovered my son is autistic. Parents have helped me understand his situation much more so than his pediatrician. Your story is uplifting and beautiful. Thanks for your blogs...

Anonymous said...

That's sweet the purrrring.. My son 7 year old Non Verbal son with ASD... whimpers and sounds exactly like a puppy. I kid you not :)))))

mommy~dearest said...

Awww! That is so heartwarming!

Dad Stuff said...

That does sound soothing. Our Aspergers son likes his temples rubbed when not feeling well. He sometimes returns the favor and it feels wonderful. Hope you feel better.