About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

CLASS OF 1978

IMG_2292
Back row: Doug, Tom, Mark, Chris, Bubba (Clarence), James
2nd row: Melody, Kim, Sandra, ME, Linda, Judy, Janie, Suzette, Allan
3rd row:Curtis, Susan, Lori, Connie, Linda, Sara, Larry, and Darlene

These are a few of the amazing people I went to school with from the
6th grade until I graduated 12th grade.
We were a strong class and I consider them all my friends
to this day.

I was very quiet up until my Senior Year of high school...hard
to believe, but very true. I was a shy, unsure, insecure young
girl. I went through green glasses and braces, I was a fashion
maven, even at that age.
I went through a bout with Anorexia Nervosa and had to be
hospitalized through the Summer. These wonderful people
made sure when I returned to school that fall, that I was not
judged or teased.

I made sure at this class reunion to tell all of them that I LOVE them
and that they meant the world to me. I thanked them all for
standing by me and my family these past 2 years. They were all
so proud of me when we received the home makeover.

I had a blast this past weekend. We all have aged a bit...but, when
I look into their eyes, I see the beautiful young people I grew up with.
I am so lucky that I was blessed with these people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of the class reunion. I also graduated in 1978 and got notice of a 30 year reunion. That is in NJ and I am in CA and not going to take my kids on a plane to go out there. Glad to relive mine through your post.

vicki said...

Did you tell them what I said?