About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

HERE WE GO AGAIN...

I have been living with a child with Autism for 17 years. I have been around for 17 years of "the next big thing" in Autism.
First, there was the B6 and Magnesium mixture that Dr. Rimland swore would make Caitlin speak after 2 to 6 week of taking it. Yes, we spent $32.00 a month on money we did not have to buy this formula, only to have it NOT WORK.
Second, we had the ABA that they swore would make Caitlin act more "normal"...again, BOGUS.
Third, we were on the list for the first round Secretin trials....I thank God we did not do that one.
Fourth, we were promised, by a famous doctor that if we put our children on a GFCF diet, they would be "cured" or "recovered".....I won't go there. They know who they are, and they know what they did.
Fifth, another "famous" doctor from California told us our children were not Autistic but had a Neurological Immune Deficiency...my friend swore this doctor would "cure" her son, and he promised me the same with my children...guess what, her child is still severe...
he never sold me on his bologna.
Sixth, chelation....I never even wanted to go near this one.....SUPER SCARY.
Seventh, B12 shots...
Eighth, Lupron...
Ninth,
Tenth,

Now, because parent' s have won a case from the Government citing that their child was damaged from the vaccines she received, every parent of an Autistic child is going to see whether or not their child has the same disorder as the child who won the case.

I wish all these parent's well. I wish their children more than that.
I am afraid now for what these children are going to have to endure for their parent's to
be okay with their Autism.
I hope this hysteria blows over quickly, for the children's sake.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Agreed.

This whole thing is all hype and nothing to be alarmed about, yet the public is going to buy it. I mean, David Kirby is exploiting the family in the case and taking the girl's parents out of context, and people are going to believe him.

Joeymom said...

I asked. My developmental pediatrician shot back the email- "No." All done. I like to check on things to make sure we are doing all we can to support Joey, but we've got an excellent developmental pediatrician, he'd tell me if he thought there was something to this for us. (He even takes the time to read my email and respond efficiently!)

Austin Window Tinting said...

Grreat post thankyou