About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

WORDS UNSPOKEN...

All day today, our youngest son, Kiernan, has been babbling. Not true words, but babbling. "Dadadadada, Mamamamama, aaayeeee, bababababa....."

I have not one idea of what he is trying to tell us...I just know it is very important to Kiernan and I hang on every "word".

This is my translation...

"Okay Mama, I am tired of being home for days with these loud people. School starts on Monday and you better have me ready for the bus."
" Oh, and tell Daddy "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" for me tomorrow...k?" "Are we going to have the cake with sprinkles?"..."Daddy likes that type of cake".

Okay Kiernan...got it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My son does a lot of babbling and always has, we haven't been able to decipher most of it. The only word we can understand is "tickle" which he says just about every time we tickle him now.

Sometimes, he will come very close to us, look us straight in the eye, and babble in a very soft, sweet voice. At those times I think he is telling us how much he loves us.:)

Anonymous said...

Tell Kiki I'm sick of hanging out with all the loud people at my house too and I could eat an entire cake by myself right now.