About Me

I am the proud mother of 6 children. 5 of our children have autism. We do not feel our world has ended, but just begun. We do not chelate, intervene biochemically, give shots of any kind, practice ABA, etc. We treat them as we treat any humanbeing. We treat them with kindness and respect and expect the same from them. They are exceptional children.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Shame Shame Is Your Name......

I went on the AW forum message board today, I was checking messages on a couple of comments that were made by a member who feels that parent's who do not do the biomedical approach for their autistic children are compared to enablers of alcoholics. I know, it makes no sense to me either.
Anyway, another one of her little cohorts decided on another topic to take the opportunity to berate and belittle a fellow blogger of ours and her son. I left my own comment, but that was deleted, along with the hers, because it had nothing to do with B12 shots, not to mention it was downright distasteful.
I need to write how I feel, because I cannot imagine hating someone so much that you would make a rude comment about their autistic child. Really, how low can someone go?
You can disagree with me, you can call me a BITCH, I do not care. But I will draw the line at any remarks to my children or friends of my children. I will draw the line when someone says I abuse or neglect my children or if someone comments about my friend in such a way.
Just because there are a select few on this AW forum that are bitter and mad at what life has given them, be it their husband's, parent's, friend's, family or children. I find it appalling and downright childish.
Now whatever these people comment on or write will be totally disregarded by me....I will hope they will find happiness in their shallow, little world's that they can stop commenting on other people's lives.

Ladies, look around you.....there must be something you can do or look at to make you happier.....
Better yet, go to one of those blogs that hate autism so much...you know the one...where they are allowed to talk badly about people they don't know...Believe me...you will fit in nicely there....

No comments: